Considering starting a blog? We are finally practicing the content strategy we preach here at Triangle Below Canal. Might mean a little less time YouTubing, but sometimes you have to make the tough decisions.
5 Reasons to Start a Blog
- Great for SEO
- Adds another dimension to your business besides products or services
- Opportunity to engage readers in a two-way conversion (comments and RSS feeds)
- Gives you a creative outlet
- Proves your authenticity and commitment to your industry or cause
5 Reasons Not to Start a Blog
- You know you will never update your blog
- Your blog will be filled with typos
- You dislike telling people what you think
- Your business involves use of unsavory language
- You are on the lamb
So if you are considering a business blog, you can see the pros outweigh the cons. If you want some practical advice, try writing your updates on paper (yes, actual paper) or using a voice recorder, then transferring those thoughts to the Web. Schedule a recurring meeting for yourself once a week in Outlook or Google Calendar and stick to it. Keep a list handy of current topics you can blog about so you don’t draw a blank when it is time to sit down and write.
Start here – Google’s Free Blogger Service